Top LinkedIn Statistics and Facts you Should Know
LinkedIn is a more established social network than Facebook, and has supported its users for a longer period of time. Users of LinkedIn know the platform as the “professional social networking site,” which is important for those looking to network and establish business relationships.
Its longevity in a tech world that is rapidly changing is a testament to its usefulness and dominance within social media as a company. Our team compiled a list of the most important LinkedIn Statistics for the upcoming year, combining almost everything from linkedin statistics for jobseekers to linkedin user growth history.
There’s no better place to expand your professional network than LinkedIn, whether you’re on the lookout for a job, seeking staff, or simply trying to build your network. How many people are using LinkedIn? Is it actually social media? Why do you need to be on LinkedIn?
Also, take a look at our social media marketing service
LinkedIn Statistics: An Overview
All the information we found on the web has been compiled into one record, complete with sources. Search interest for the term “LinkedIn” has risen by more than 60 percent in the past decade. There are a surprising number of LinkedIn statistics and tidbits about the company and let’s dive straight into it.
- Companies in the Fortune 500 use LinkedIn the most; it is the most popular social media platform among them.
- LinkedIn was purchased by Microsoft for $26.2 billion in 2016.
- LinkedIn has 87 million millennials.
- Each month, LinkedIn receives 63 million unique visitors from mobile devices.
- The more photos you have on your profile, the more views you will receive.
- There are 70 million active users on LinkedIn SlideShare every month.
- The number of files uploaded to SlideShare exceeds 18 million.
- Videos are 20x more likely to be shared on LinkedIn than any other post type.
- There are 98% more comments on LinkedIn posts with images, and 200% more engagement on posts with links.
- LinkedIn users share content only 3 million times per week.
- LinkedIn has only one million users who have published articles.
- The most shared content on LinkedIn is long-form content.
- More than 660 million people have signed up for the platform, and 303 million of them are active monthly.
- There are 90 million senior influencers among them, and 63 million are in decision-making roles.
- The LinkedIn network has proven to be a valuable source of leads and customers. As a matter of fact, it generates 277% more leads than Facebook.
- The platform has also helped marketers gain customers in 45% of cases.
- B2B companies are using LinkedIn paid advertisements to acquire customers in 65% of cases.
- LinkedIn is the top social media platform used by B2B content marketers for organic content marketing, according to 95% of B2B content marketers.
- Additionally, 76% of B2B content marketers use it as their top paid social media platform.
- It takes 6:07 minutes to complete LinkedIn. About 6.17 pages are visited during this time.
- LinkedIn users spend an average of 17 minutes a month on the site
LinkedIn User Demographics
Over 55 million companies are registered on LinkedIn, with nearly 740 million members. Over a billion interactions take place on LinkedIn every month among users who are frequently active on the platform. Due to the sparse use of LinkedIn, you have a short window of opportunity to make an impression. People spend only 17 minutes per month on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn continues to be popular among college students according to the 2018 Social Media Use study from Pew Research Center. According to LinkedIn statistics, 50 percent of college graduates in the US are members, while only 9 percent of people with a high school diploma use the site. And when we look into linkedin statistics by country, it’ll be even more exciting, which we will consider in another blog.
Moreover, 44% of LinkedIn users earn more than $75,000 per year, which is above the national average. Over 75% of LinkedIn users come from outside the US, even though the US has the most users at 176 million.
Women comprise 46% of LinkedIn’s user base, while men account for 57%. Of LinkedIn’s 87 million users, 11 million are in decision-making positions. As a result, millennials make up over 60% of the company’s user base. Also, consider 9 Healthy Tips to Go Organic on Social Media
LinkedIn Statistics: Financial Facts
In 2016, Microsoft acquired LinkedIn for $26.2 billion, recognizing the company’s value. LinkedIn’s services are something users are willing to pay for, unlike many social media platforms that rely on ads.
LinkedIn Premium, which is available in four price tiers, is paid by 39% of LinkedIn users:
- $29.99/month for Premium Career
- ‘Premium Business’ for $59.99/month
- $79.99/month for Sales Navigator Pro
- $119.95 per month for Recruiter Lite (Hiring)
Linkedin Statistics for Businesses
LinkedIn is also used by job seekers for job hunting purposes. Recruiters use LinkedIn frequently because there are 55 million companies listed on the site and 14 million jobs open.
According to a study, 122 million people have been interviewed through LinkedIn, with 35.5 million people having been hired after connecting with someone on the site. LinkedIn hires three people every single minute, so it shouldn’t surprise us.
According to LinkedIn statistics, employees sourced through the site are 40% less likely to leave within the first six months after joining. In the last five years, the number of women in technical leadership roles has increased 79% at LinkedIn, representing nearly 42% of the company’s leaders.
Is your information accurate regarding some of the LinkedIn statistics suggesting the platform will continue to grow in popularity?
There is a lot to learn about who is using the platform and why they do so, from the 3 million users who bank on the 9 billion monthly impressions to the realization that even LinkedIn statistics support Zwickberg’s claim that video is the next megatrend.
What are some interesting LinkedIn statistics you can share with us? Let us know in the comments!